Colorado Properties


Camping and RV

The most common question we get is "can I live on the property in my RV"? Costilla County allows for camping up to 14 days, 3 times per year. Or, up to 6 months with a special permit and proper water (well or septic) and waste treatment (septic).  We are not planning and zoning experts, best to contact Costilla County - (719) 937-7668 and double-check for yourself.

Does the property already have utilities ?

No, this is raw land.  

Electric: Sometimes there is power in the area, but it would be the buyers responsibility to have it run from the closest pole, which may be up to 2 miles away. Many people that build cabins install solar.  Properties in Wild Horse Mesa and San Luis Valley Ranches will have power lines closer. Properties in Sangre de Cristo Ranches and Forbes Park will be more remote.

Water and Waste: Costilla County requires water and waste to grant an occupancy or building permit. This may be drilling a well or installing a cistern or holding tank and hauling water in.  Wells generally range from 100-400 ft in the area. 

How close are the mountains?

The Sangre de Cristo Ranches properties are either in the mountains, or at the foothills. The Wild Horse Mesa and San Luis Valley Ranches properties are about 15 miles away and can be reached in 20-30 minutes depending on your destination.

Are the properties accessible year round?

Most of the properties have roads that run directly to them and depending on your vehicle and snowfall are accessible year round. Some of the upper elevation (above 9,500 ft) properties may not be reachable from about Thanksgiving until April. During that time, they may be reachable by snowmobile only.

Where is the closest town?

San Luis, Blanca, Fort Garland, Alamosa, Taos  

Santa Fe, Albuquerque, Colorado Springs, Pueblo, Denver

Coming Soon